Welcome to Knockillaree Riding Centre & Stud
Knockillaree Riding Centre is based in Oughterard, Connemara, Co. Galway - only 25 minutes north of Galway City at the "Gateway to Connemara". Our Centre is located on the Rusheeney road, just outside Oughterard village, and is nestled between beautiful hills, mountains and the shores of Lough Corrib.
- Lessons all year round for all ages and capabilities, from beginners to advanced and competition level, offering a high standard of tuition. The Centre is AIRE (Association of Irish Riding Establishments) Approved with qualified BHSAI instructors, and is approved to teach up to BHS Stage 2 Stable Management, Horse Care and Riding exams.
- Treks for individuals and groups of all ages and capabilities. Our treks will take you through scenic woodlands on the shores of Lough Corrib, or up into the mountains for breath-taking views of the surrounding countryside.
- Full livery for your horse / pony
- Breaking and training horses / ponies
- Stud services and horse / pony sales
- Transport to and from competitions at SJAI level. Knockillaree's top-class resident riders can compete your horse on your behalf
Browse this website for more details and photos, or for further information please contact us.
Tom Tyrrell on "Knockillaree Conquistador" at the Galway County Show, 19th June 2011